Monday, October 31, 2011

Long Distance Relationships Haters

      Alright, if you're one of those people who for some odd reason are completely against long distance relationships, then just exit this page because honestly i'm sick of all of the people like that.
     Let me just start off by saying that yes, I am in a long distance relationship at the moment, yes I have met him, and yes it is for real. I don't know why but until I was actually in a long distance relationship I didn't realize how many people actually take that route. I didn't realize how many people were so in love with their significant other, even though they had never met before. I didn't realize how tough it really is, how truly in love two people have to be in love in order to sacrifice that much for their other half. And I sure as hell didn't realize how many people were so ignorant toward people in these relationships.
    Is it your relationship? No. Although there are many other reasons why it's none of your business I feel as though that's the only one you need. Unless you guys have some odd, threesome partnership going on, hop off. I'm so sick and tired of people giving me crap for my decision regarding my relationship. If I wanted your opinion I would ask for it. You may think that there is no possible way for two people to be in love when they are hundreds or thousands of miles away from each other, well think again. If anything they are more in love. I honestly don't think that people like that realize how hard it is to be away from the one person that means more to you than anything really is.
 
 There's a saying that goes: 
"Distance is not for the fearful it's for the bold, for those willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little with the one they love. It's for those who know a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."

     This is true is so many ways. I honestly can say that I love my boyfriends even though he is thousands of miles away. Instead of having sex (a lot of you are thinking no sex? alright then)  you have to connect a  different level. You truly have to know a person. Time differences make it so difficult for you to fit time into your schedule, it gets done though. You can't see that person, so you have to be completely honest with how you're feeling, in a long distance relationship there is no such thing as the silent treatment. You have to take the initiative to want to be with that person, it's a hell of a lot harder then when they are physically beside you. Not only do you have to give up all the going on dates, going dancing, kissing for hours on end, having them hold you when you've had a shitty day, just laying together in bed, those long silences where nothing is said, but at the same time you feel so close; you also have to put up with all the bullshit that people give you.
     If I have any advice for people in LDR's it would to not give up. Don't let other people's opinions get to you. All that matters in a LDR is if you are crazy about the other person, and if you can picture spending the rest of your life with them.
     If I could say anything to those people who are dishing the bullshit it would be to just stop. I can tell you that even though I can't see my boyfriend's face everyday, I love him more and more each day. Even though we aren't talking 24/7 we make the time we have count. Even though he won't get to visit for 8 more months i'm already planning it. Even though we are still young, i'm already planning the rest of our lives together. Yes, it's rough and yes we've had our disagreements but we always come back to the same thing; we are in love with each other, and that's something that no matter what you say, you have no ability to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment